Discussion about game

"Soldiers of Empires II" ("Soldiers of Empires 2") is a highly detailed turn based wargame of the World War Two beginning in 1939.

Re: Discussion about game

Postby trurle » February 25th, 2014, 5:09 pm

Well, i just feel shame after "fighting" several months in Japanese campaign against such "AI". :oops:
Therefore trying to make this not serious.. ;) whats why talking about "demonic horde AI"
About difficulty - compare with c-evo. Same development platform (delphi) but AI level is so different..
Учите историю - может быть, в версии, которую пишут сейчас, вы уже в гробу.
Learn history - to be sure you are not overwritten by modern historians
trurle
Major
Major

Postby Igor Kulakov » December 26th, 2014, 8:53 am

New exe SoE2. Version 1.3.9

Download at: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=35&p=5873#p5873

Replace exe file in directory SoE-2 (version 1.3 !!!)
Igor Kulakov
IgorLab Software TEAM
IgorLab Software TEAM

Postby Khanti » May 22nd, 2015, 3:53 am

Version 1.3.9 still does not work in background (ALT-TAB). It's not good to be forced to waiting for AI just watching those numbers 16555...20000.
If it would work while alt-tabed I could watch movies during AI turn.
Khanti
Junior Sergeant
Junior Sergeant

Postby Khanti » May 26th, 2015, 1:07 am

Units/soldiers/equipment dies too fast.
Fighting is too lethal.

With Oleg's production numbers, there are less equipment per day (good thing).
But battles are too lethal.

Example: Normandy scenario. As USA I can bombard AND DESTROY 6th Fallschrimmjager in ONE bombardment.
In reality this unit fought many days/weeks.
Khanti
Junior Sergeant
Junior Sergeant

Postby Igor Kulakov » May 26th, 2015, 2:50 pm

Khanti wrote:Example: Normandy scenario. As USA I can bombard AND DESTROY 6th Fallschrimmjager in ONE bombardment.
In reality this unit fought many days/weeks.

I guess that the question could be resolved decrease overvalued level of experience and morality Allied air units in this scenario.
Igor Kulakov
IgorLab Software TEAM
IgorLab Software TEAM

Re: "Soldiers of Empires II" review

Postby Khanti » May 27th, 2015, 7:47 pm

About plans

Version 1.4 (in development)
Radical acceleration of the time of turn AI ​​without losing quality.

-Very well. The most needed thing. Number 1.
-Number 2 is processing AI turn in background (ALT-TAB).

Version 1.5:
Mass customized supply of units

-I don't understand what does mean. What is that customization?
Khanti
Junior Sergeant
Junior Sergeant

Re: "Soldiers of Empires II" review

Postby Igor Kulakov » May 30th, 2015, 10:05 pm

Khanti wrote:-I don't understand what does mean. What is that customization?

Auto supply (for many units in one order) with options.
Igor Kulakov
IgorLab Software TEAM
IgorLab Software TEAM

Postby Igor Kulakov » September 4th, 2015, 9:11 pm

SoE II v.1.4 coming soon...
Igor Kulakov
IgorLab Software TEAM
IgorLab Software TEAM

Postby Igor Kulakov » September 8th, 2015, 10:07 pm

"Soldiers of Empires II" version 1.4 is ready!

Download link: http://www.igorlab.com/soe2/instsoe2.exe

Texts (version info, etc...) at soe2.com and igorlab.com to be ready tomorrow :-)

Version 1.4 ( September 8, 2015 )

* Rewritten and radically accelerated (~400%) algorithm AI turn.
* Added button: "Actions skip(=0)"(for selected unit) in main game mode
* Changed the rules for the construction of airfields
(limit is determined once a month instead of a year, as previously)
* Improved algorithm of the production: need more time for increment level of production
expensive and technically complex military equipment
* some improvements in AI - choice of target of movement
* some corrections in AI - "New unit"(for army and air force) procedure
* added counters of units at buttons: "Next unit"
* added 2 new victory conditions (capturing 95% or 100% of the enemy cities and ports)
* many corrections, improvements and additions to the game sources
* updated superscenario "World War II 1941-1945"
- many units info corrected
- fixed a lot of data about the countries
- some terrain corrections
* updated scenario "Normandy 1944"
- allied air units info(morale, experience) corrected
* some corrections to the game database - weapons
* some images for weapons list added
* And special thanks: Oleg Nizhnik aka Trurle, Darth Maximius, Andrey Aksyutin aka AAG,
Vostrez Dalibor
Igor Kulakov
IgorLab Software TEAM
IgorLab Software TEAM

Postby Khanti » December 16th, 2015, 4:45 am

Version 1.4

Some thoughts.

1. Re-supply of units. I suggest reposition of elite and conscripts reserve troops. Conscripts should be default (first) option.
Elite are exception used only sporadically for special experienced units. Many times I wrongly used elite replacements instead of conscripts.

2. Air-group screen. Range of specific air-crafts should be shown on air-group screen, the same way as max speed of ships. It will be easier when combining different air-crafts in one group. Now every time I need to check production screen.

3. Stacks. I need to know overall strength of stacks. There are now max 5 sub-units, so you can use 1-5 numbers for these units, but please set first table for overall combined strength of whole stack. It takes too long to check every unit every time, I would like just to know combined strength of stack with one mouse click.

4. Function "Last battle casualties" :)

5. Please add disband land-air unit function (disband units like "infantry division", "mortar battalion" or "fighter squadron"). I need that function to properly form my stacks. I don't need some units and will be happy to disband them and use them soldiers and equipment for other units. Staff and equipment from disbanded units should go to depots (slow or fast).

6. Exchange of equipment in units. It will be funny to be able to replace some old equipment in units instead of waiting until it will be completely destroyed to fulfill it with new stuff. Example: to replace those T-26 tanks with newly produced T-34.

7. Tactical bombers are sometimes called "assault bombers" (in air group forming screen).

8. It seems there are desertions or deaths by illness. I loose troops even without fights (tested as USA in superscenario).

9. Ranger infantry battalion USA - has 1 hex movement (no cars or horses). It looks useless. I hoped rangers will be fast recon infantry.

10. It's bad if to remove first ship in naval stack, one need to re-attach all 4 other ships.
Example:
1. Cruiser 22%
2. Destroyer 100%
3. Destroyer 100%
4. Destroyer 100%
5. Destroyer 100%
I want to remove cruiser from stack without removing destroyers (it needs 4 days!).

11. I want to see ships statistics in screen when creating new ship (not only ammo, crew and cost).

12. How does exactly work function "maximum of planes" on carriers? It seems I can put more planes than max and they works normal.

13. Do naval/torpedo bombers have any special attacks/critical chances vs. naval targets?

14. AI uses half ready divisions. I've seen German-AI storming British Isles with infantry divisions consisted only troops (no equipment) and below 10 points of experience.

15. It seems air force cannot bomb cities without troops in them. Even heavy bombers cannot.

16. Standard scenario. I wonder why Taiho class CV is worse in every case than other big Japanese carriers (Soryu or Shokaku class have better AA). Taiho had those 12×100 mm (3.9 in)/65 cal Type 98 anti-aircraft guns, widely considered as best Japanese AA.

17. It is very cumbersome to check equipment statistics (tanks, airplanes: infantry/armor/air attack values). I use it often to check if my planes should attack or not, but the only way is to use depot/production screen with those +-39/+-100 values. But there are over 2600 pieces of equipment. Please add +-500/+-1000 buttons.

18. Function sleep / sentry for units is a must. As USA I can have 4 thousands units! I can't skip them every turn! I want some of them to sleep until I click them when I will need them.

19. Rewritten and radically accelerated (~400%) algorithm for AI turn really works! It's fairly fast now. AI is not so smart, sometimes it is idle (China!), but definitely is fast. Big thanks. And sometimes AI surprises me, hm.

20. They say that "At the beginning of the Pacific War no Allied fighter was a match for the Zero. The best of the early American Army fighters was probably the Curtiss P-40 and the early models of this fighter were distinctly inferior to the Zero." http://www.chuckhawks.com/best_fighter_planes.htm But in your game A6M2 is not superior, even in early months of war. A6M2 (July 40) is 15/10,the same as F4F-3 (September 39) and F4F-4 (November 41) is even better at 15/12.

21. Late American fighters. Most people think P-51 Mustang was better than P-47 Thunderbolt. You seems to think alike. But I've read this article when former fighter pilot said clearly that P-47 was superior: http://www.chuckhawks.com/p47.htm.

22. Why USA infantry division`42 pattern did not have any AA guns inside?

23. It looks that only experienced engineer units have river crossing ability. Units with conscripts have no ability.

24. Lost airplanes, which not finished their turn on airfield/carrier, are not shown in casualties screen. Just gone without notice.
Khanti
Junior Sergeant
Junior Sergeant

PreviousNext

Return to Soldiers of Empires II